A weak or damaged tooth can leave you susceptible to a host of serious oral health complications. We, at Christina Greene Family Dentistry, are proud to offer custom dental crowns, created for you utilizing cutting-edge technology and techniques. Your restorations will enhance your oral health and allow you to enjoy long-term healthy smiles!
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped restoration used to strengthen a damaged tooth or improve its appearance, size, shape, or alignment. A crown covers the portion of the tooth that is visible about the gum line. We can customize your new restoration to closely match the surrounding teeth, leaving you with an incredibly natural-looking and feeling smile.
What Are the Uses of Dental Crowns?
Here are some of the most common uses of dental crowns:
- Strengthening Damaged or Weakened Teeth: Crowns protect teeth with large cavities that cannot be repaired with traditional fillings. They can also restore broken or weak teeth or those worn due to chronic grinding, a condition known as bruxism.
- Preserving Teeth After Root Canal Therapy: Teeth are prone to fracture after a root canal treatment. We routinely use crowns to protect the treated teeth and restore their strength and function, and appearance.
- Pain Relief: Patients with a fracture inside a tooth, a condition known as cracked tooth syndrome, find significant pain relief using dental crowns.
- Cosmetic Purposes: Dental crowns are effective in masking tooth imperfections such as stains and discoloration. They also correct misshapen or misaligned teeth, leaving you with your ideal smile.
- Restoring Missing Teeth: Dental crowns can cover dental implants, replacing missing teeth, and restoring beautiful, functional smiles.
What Is the Dental Crown Procedure?
The dental crown placement may vary depending on the material used. However, the typical procedure requires two appointments. During your initial visit, we will prepare your tooth by reshaping it to make space for the crown. Next, we will take impressions of your mouth to send to a dental laboratory that will create your restoration. We will conclude your appointment by placing a temporary crown to protect your prepared tooth.
During a follow-up appointment, we will check the fit and color of your permanent crown, and if everything looks great, we will cement your restoration in place. Your new crown will leave you looking, feeling, and smiling your best!
How We Help You Relax During Treatment
Dr. Greene is passionate about providing gentle, comfortable care to her valued patients. Chloe, our trained therapy dog, will help take the edge off any dental procedure. We are also proud to offer needle-free sedation, if needed, to ensure your time with us is free of stress. If you are anxious about dental visits, make sure to let us know. We will do everything we can to help you relax and have a positive experience.
Quality Dental Crowns Near Me
Contact Christina Greene Family Dentistry in Keller, TX, to learn more about restoring your smile with our aesthetic dental crowns. We are committed to utilizing the latest technology and techniques to deliver quality, durable restorations. We look forward to restoring your healthy smile. Call us and schedule your appointment today!